Mike’s Tomato Soil
Mike has had great tomatoes on the same soil for many years with no crop rotation.
Here’s how he does it:
- Dig a good size hole
- Put 1-2 handfuls of pelletized limestone in the hole.
- Back-fill with 2 inches of soil.
- Mix the following with the soil:
- 1-2 handfuls of Plant-Tone
- 1-2 handfuls of Rock Phosphate
- 1-2 handfuls of Green Sand
- 2-4 shovels of compost
- Fill hole.
- Plant tomato 1/3 deep in soil (about 8 inches deep).
NOTE: Use 1 handful for big hands and 2 handfuls for smaller hands.
No more ground fertilizer needed.
Liquid feed with Neptune’s Harvest Seaweed Fertilizer 3 times, 2 weeks apart.
Mike’s Disease Control
Alternate liquid copper, Mancozeb, and Daconil.
ALWAYS FOLLOW LABEL INSTRUCTIONS.
Mike’s Favorite Varieties