Buying Cut Roses
The following are some tips for getting the best roses for your money!
- Buy from reputable sources and where you have had success before.
- Try to pick roses where the flowers are starting to open but before the petals have separated from the flower head.
- Do not buy green roses that have been cut too early.
- White roses can be purchased with flowers opened slightly more than red roses.
- Roses with many petals may last longer than roses with fewer petals.
- Some varieties are more foolproof. Over time, as these new varieties are grown, we as consumers will have more success.