Helps to Prolong Your Tree1 gallon hot tap water
1 cup light Karo syrup
2 oz. original Clorox bleach (See note below)
1/2 tsp. Epsom Salts** Be sure to check the strength of the bleach you purchase. Some of the new formulations may be more concentrated - 3 times stronger than original bleach.
- If you use the new concentrated Clorox bleach, use only 1 Tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water.
- Mix ingredients together well
- Put tree in tree stand
- Fill well of tree stand with the above mixture
- Check the tree stand daily! The tree should take up a lot of water quickly during the first few days! Do not let the well become dry!
- Keep well filled - 4 days of watering will help keep the tree fresh but the tree will continue to take fluid up to 10 days or more so be sure to keep the tree stand full of water while the tree is in the house.
Do not place the tree near a fireplace, radiator, woodstove, or other heat source that might dehydrate or ignite the tree. Be sure the tree lights do not have worn insulation or broken wiring.