If you would like to schedule a private lecture and garden tour for your group, please give us a call!
We will be happy to work with you to arrange a wonderful morning or afternoon gardening adventure for your group! We can even suggest a great nearby lunch spot where you can relax and eat either before or after your visit to Viette's - or bring a box lunch and enjoy it in the gardens!
Just give us a call at 800-575-5538.
Learn from the experts and see how easy it is to create fabulous Christmas decorations. Join Andre, Jef Naunchik from Village Garden Center, and Pam Shank of Landscapes in Miniature as they demonstrate a variety of decorating techniques.
Thursday, December 5 - 10:30am
Artistic Christmas Designs with Jef Naunchik
Jef has 35 years of experience in creating beautiful artistic arrangements and displays for the holidays. Come to this great workshop and Jef will teach you some unique techniques for decorating at holiday time including a demonstration of how to flock greens. Jef will also discuss incorporating the beautiful new battery operated LED lights into his arrangements.
Learn how to make:
Della Robbia wreaths, topiary trees and miniature Christmas trees, swags with fresh greens, boxwood balls, candle rings, and more!
Learn the art of gilding, how to use a glue pot, and how to make beautiful ribbons.
Saturday, December 7 - 1:30pm
Sunday, December 8 - 1:30pm
Christmas Decorating with Andre Viette
Andre will demonstrate the basics of decorating for the holidays including working with greens to create attractive wreaths and table arrangements. He will also show you how to flock greens to create a glistening snow covered look. Andre will also demonstrate some easy, 5-minute decorating tips for swags and the best way to preserve magnolia leaves and branches.
Preserving greens and Christmas trees, live vs. cut Christmas trees, basics of wreath making including how to make a giant 6 foot wreath, making kissing balls, creating swags and arrangements, making fresh roping.
- A bundle of evergreen boughs
- Assorted wreath rings
- 1 spool of floral wire
- 1 large oasis block
- 6" design bowl
- assorted spruce and pine cones
- a $10 gift certificate for Viette perennials to be used next season
- loads of great ideas for your holiday decorating
Friday, December 6 - 10:30am
Miniature Garden Christmas Workshop
A HANDS-ON workshop taught by Pam Shank of Landscapes in Miniature!
Pam will teach participants how to make a miniature Christmas themed planter. With basic, minimal care, this FOUR SEASON miniature garden can be enjoyed for months and years to come!
Participants will craft a miniature garden planter from start to finish, receive tips and instructions, and will take home their completed planter at the end of the workshop. After the holiday season is over, simply remove the seasonal decorations. Enjoy decorating for Valentine's Day? Add a tiny heart garland to your wee tree and a tiny heart pillow to your "stone" bench. Wishing it were Spring? Add a tiny stone bunny and cheerful painted birdhouse, or a tiny American flag for Memorial Day... the possibilities are endless!
This is a messy workshop - we will be playing in the dirt - dress accordingly, please.
- 8 inch resin garden pot in several colors
(you choose color - self watering pots)
- Quality Potting Mixture
- Miniature mulch
- Selection of miniature plants
- Live miniature Christmas tree
(several varieties to choose from)
- Miniature decorations for the Christmas tree
- Miniature pebbles/gravel for path
- Miniature furniture for garden:
- Choice of bench or chair (choice of styles, colors)
- Snowman Pillow or Painted Snowman
- Miniature fence (choice of twig, white or black)
- $10.00 Gift Certificate for Viette perennials to be used next seasonThere will be additional miniature items available for purchase separately, if desired.
This Christmas wonderland takes Andre a full two weeks to complete and includes:
- A live Christmas tree with snow and colorful ornaments
- A live Christmas tree with crystal, pearls, and crocheted ornaments
- Loads of beautiful arrangements with live greens
- Gold mantle arrangement
- Antique, handmade ornaments
- Bell collection and colored glass collection
- Santa collection with over 100 Santas
- Beautiful manger arrangement
- Old Christmas card collection, and lots more ...
- PLUS, many wonderful outside arrangements with beautiful greens and colorful berries combined with antique farm tools, sleighs, and sleds